The Kiskadee is a bird native to Guyana and often referred to in Edgar Mittelholzer's brilliant novel, The Life and Death of Sylvia (1953). The bird is so named because its cry seemed by French colonists to be enquiring: "Qu’ est ce qu’il dit?". So what did he say? This blog is about two key topics: EDGAR MITTELHOLZER (his life and his works) and ME (my encounter with Mittelholzer and tales of life in Guyana).

Saturday 23 August 2014

Pomeroon Chip: Heavy Rain on 15th August


Heavy rain is seeping through the timber frame & roof of the house. Pages and pages of bent stained paper attempt to stay standing on my shelves. I normally love tropical rain. Today it fills me with regret. Regret that I didn't leave my large collection of hard to obtain (bloody expensive) books in storage. Peed off. Bah humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment